This is a tailor made program from August to May suited to dates of your choice. Others months maybe available on request.
Travel from Santiago, visiting beautiful wineries and tasting the most delicious wines in each of the wine valleys along the route. You will also enjoy great views of the Andes, beautiful scenery, and regional cuisine, while visiting local villages close to Santiago. After 6 days visiting the Chilean wine country we are going to take a journey to Quintay Cove, Valparaíso Port and Zapallar beach town.
The Program includes land transportation and transfers by bilingual driver/guide during the entire trip, bilingual wine expert, introduction to Chilean wines and wine regions, winery visits and premium wine tastings and city tour of Santiago. Meals and excursions as indicated in the itinerary.
The program includes:
• Private transportation and airport transfers
• Bilingual expert guides
• City tour of Santiago
• All entrance fees and wine tasting at the wineries
• Introduction to Chilean wines and wine regions given by a wine expert
• 11 Breakfasts
• 8 lunches accompanied by wines
• A welcome dinner accompanied by wines
• Wine regions map to keep (one per couple)
• Tips at lunch and dinners as incaticated in the itinerary
• A bottle of mineral water per day
The program does not include:
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses such laundry, communications, and others not indicated in the program
• Payment of reciprocity tax for first-time visitors at the international airport
YOUR BILINGUAL DRIVER AND LOCAL GUIDE
Your bilingual driver /guide will be fluent in English and Spanish with several years of experience in tourism.
||YOUR WINE EXPERT GUIDE
Karen Gilchrist is a graduate of the School of Advanced Studies in Social Sciences of the Sorbonne University in Paris and the holder of diplomas in wine tasting, tourism and marketing from the London Chamber of Commerce and the British Industry Examinations Board, accomplishments during her eight years of residence in Europe. Her experience in connection with wine routes include in USA (California, Oregon, Long Island), France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Australia, South Africa, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Bolivia and Chile.
Karen organized Chile’s first ever Carmenere event, which was attended by the national and international press. In addition to guiding she is also a consultant in wine tourism and a freelance writer and columnist with a number of wine trade publications.